Skip to Main Content

Small Claims Mediation

If You Are Involved in a Small Claims Case

Many courts offer mediation in small claims cases. Mediators are volunteers and do not charge a fee for this service.

If the parties reach agreement, they incorporate the agreement in an order that the court signs and can enforce.

Small claims mediation is available in the following courts; contact your trial court administrator for more information:

Benton Douglas Marion
Clatsop Jackson Multnomah
Columbia Jefferson Umatilla
Coos Josephine Union
Crook Klamath Wallowa
Curry Lane Washington
Deschutes Linn Yamhill

If a Small Claims Case Has Not Been Filed

Community mediation centers are available in many areas and may be able to help you resolve your dispute without filing a court case. For more information, visit Community and Private Mediation Resources.

Related Pages

What is Mediation?