Skip to Main Content


Juvenile Court Improvement Program
1163 State Street
Salem, OR 97301-2563

Phone: 503.986.5618
Fax: 503.986.5859
Oregon Relay Service-711


Indian Child Welfare Act Self-Test

Incorrect - the correct answer is (c) contact the Secretary of the Interior and proceed as if ICWA applies until otherwise determined

25 U.S.C. § 1912 . Pending court proceedings

(a) Notice; time for commencement of proceedings; additional time for preparation

.   .   . If the identity or location of the parent or Indian custodian and the tribe cannot be determined, such notice shall be given to the Secretary in like manner, who shall have fifteen days after receipt to provide the requisite notice to the parent or Indian custodian and the tribe. . .

Continue to the next question

Read the ICWA Technical Support Bulletin