Having earned the ASL Oregon Certified Court Interpreter Credential, your certified status and credential must be renewed every three years. ASL Oregon Certified Court Interpreters must complete and submit documentation to CLAS 45 days prior to the date of credential expiration. This application must include the following:
- The credential renewal fee and application.
- Documentation of the appropriate number of Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Information necessary to conduct a criminal history check.
In addition to the renewal requirements above, the ASL Oregon Certified Court Interpreter must submit documentation of completion of the following:
- Verification of a valid Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Specialist Certificate: Legal (SC:L).
- 120 hours of interpreting services in courts of record in Oregon or Consortium member states, federal courts of record, or where the interpreter is sworn in and the record can be presented into evidence.
- Five ethics-specific CEUs during the renewal period
For complete renewal details, check the State Court Administrator's Policies for the Oregon Judicial Department's Oregon Certified Court Interpreter Program and the Renewal Application for the ASL Oregon Certified Court Interpreter Credential.